If you would like to express your interest in a future career with Wallace Cotton we'd love to hear from you.
Wallace Cotton has evolved over the past 15 years, into one of New Zealand’s most iconic homeware and linen brands. We are a family run business, with 8 retail stores across the country, another in London, and a thriving online business. Our philosophy has remained a constant, which is; to deliver beautiful designs and outstanding quality. All of our products are designed in New Zealand, utilising the best global manufacturers to produce our seasonal collections. We focus on enduring quality and style, using environmentally and ethically conscientious suppliers. Through our marketing and aspirational seasonal catalogue, we have grown a loyal customer base of passionate fans of beautiful linen and homewares.
This is a newly-created, entry-level role within the Marketing Department, which will see you working closely with the Marketing Manager and other members of the Marketing team. The Marketing Assistant is responsible for assisting in the implementation of the marketing strategy across online and offline sales channels through the outlined responsibilities below.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Developing creative and innovative social media campaigns
- Scheduling, monitoring and reporting on all social channels
- Assist with digital influencer strategy and outreach
- Coordinate and test all weekly EDM’s
- Coordinate weekly website homepage changes, category merchandising and product upload
- PR support – assist in roll-out of seasonal press releases, media gifting, new product releases, product information for media
- Assist the Marketing Manager with workload overflow when required
- Assist in customer service online/phone support when required
We are looking for someone who has a background or qualification in Marketing and is ready to make the first step in their career. You will have the ability to self-manage, show initiative and have a strong attention to detail, as well as the ability to work across several tasks and meet deadlines. You will also be a proven team-player, with a willingness to collaborate and work closely with internal and external partners. Experience in the retail industry is also desirable.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, and a caring people focused company who values teamwork and encourages an open and sharing environment. If you want to be surrounded by beautiful things every day, and be instrumental in continuing and building on this great NZ brand story, then this could be the role you have been searching for.
If you feel you are the right person for this role and want to be a part of Wallace Cotton, then please email a current CV and covering letter.